Saturday, 25 February 2012

Spicy Butterflies - Nan's 70th


Back in November my MIL turned 70 and we had a big party for her in Bathurst. She's a very stylish woman and so I had to make a card to match! I love this card - I love the paper Spice Cake (from the current mini - get it before it goes March 31st), the butterfly and the decorative label punch - mostly I love how it coordinates so well.

That's still the two things that draw me to SU! over and over again - coordination and style.
I had fun with my Beautiful Butterflies die and used vellum for the smaller wings embellished with Rhinestone Jewels for the body


 I also carried the vellum through by using it over the more mustard card stock behind the 70 on the decorative label punch.

More Mustard is too strong a colour for me but it is in the patterned paper so incorporating it into the card is effective and the vellum toned it down enough for my liking.

Using the Big Shot really helps make a Home made card stand out.

3 comments:

sarah said...

Just beautiful! I've not been a fan of that DSP, but you might just have changed my mind :-)

Stamp On It said...

Really pretty card. I would say she will love it.

Salmi said...

Have never thought of using the pearls on the butterflies wing its looks so pretty......

Plastic Card
Plastic Business Cards
Scratch Card

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin