Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Dad's birthday

Today would have been my Dad's 81st birthday and i can't quite believe it. I can't imagine my Dad being 81, he died only a year and half ago but still 81 sounds "old" (sorry if you are reading this and 81 or older, I'm sure you still feel young and offended by that!) it's just my Dad was really well until just before he died so I think of him as being like that which is good. For a while after he died it was hard to not remember how ill he was towards the end but that is fading now and good memories are flooding back.

 How he would say silly things on the phone, like telling me Mum had just got out of the shower and wasn't dressed and she, hearing him, would say "who are you talking to?"and he would say "just the minster" {cheeky!} or the TV shows he enjoyed which I was watching last weekend on the new 7Mate channel  'JAG' great show! This card reminds me of him as the colours are quite masculine and he loved gardening {roses more so} but still i could have given him this card and he would have said "hmmm... so you need all those things to make this 'ey love?" " no.. very nice".

Happy Birthday Dad!

For the SU! fans out there - can you work out how I did the Not Quite Navy label?
There's a clue in the ingredients list - leave a comment with your guess.

I juts added this to the Just Add Ink challenge - first challenge I've done in quite a while.

As you can see I've flipped it but it seems that's okay.

Ingredients: Fast and Fabulous stamp set Hostess Level 2, Cherry Cobbler, SO Saffron, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla., Early Espresso, Top Note Die, Big Shot, Small Oval punch, Scallop Square punch, Curly Label Punch


3 comments:

Kim Tonnet said...

Hi Kirrily, will leave others to ponder your punch question but wanted to honour and remember your dear father. Never forgotten, always remember. Thinking of you and your Mum and sibilings on this day. Luv KimT

Bronwyn Eastley said...

You've made a lovely card for such a special reason!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Add Ink.

Kathryn Brennan said...

Really like your card (and the ones in all the posts after this one). I'm thinking the punch was a scallop square with the curly label punched into the top and bottom? P.S. I know your friends who turned 40 last year - going to my church now! Sorry I didn't get to meet you at their party, I do like looking at your blog!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin