Tuesday, 11 May 2010

shoe box swap

I am so sorry it is taking so long to post anything at the moment but I am trying my best to enjoy the constant rounds of washing, feeding, playing, cleaning, mediation, homework etc that take up each day as I know it won't be like this forever. I especially love the playing part of the day as Josh is such a delightful baby. But I do enjoy feeling a sense of completion every now and again :) SO back to what I promised oh so long ago! My shoe box swap. As I said you put everything in a shoe box required to make the card and then just pass your shoe boxes around. It was quite an efficient way of making a range of cards in one go. This card layout is similar to the card in the Stampin' Up! Autumn Winter mini catalogue. Instead I've used Rich Razzleberry and Basic Black cardstock plus Ribbon. I stamped the Medallion stamp in Versamark and then set Black embossing powder into it with my heat tool, then punched the scallop edge along the bottom and backed it with black cardstock. If you look closely you can see where I got Versamark on the edge of the stamp and the edge of the rubber pressed on the cardstock as I turn the stamp upside down and put the card on top. I discovered it's not necessary as the stamp leaves an even image when placed on top of the paper so don't bother. I intend to stamp the Mr & Mrs from Stampin' Up!s "Together Forever" stamp set and place it over the blemish. Will show you the updated card when I get to it. And here's a photo of Josh just to prove how irresistible he is.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin