Wednesday, 21 April 2010

a cheap tip

is the awesome Adhesive remover and is only $3.75. I think the name is fairly self explanatory however it's range of uses may not come so easily to mind. This shows just one use that I find invaluable. I love cutting (in case you didn't know) and things being a bit gluey doesn't deter me cutting away so often my scissors end up looking like this which really isn't conducive to cutting nice clean lines. However a few rubs of the adhesive remover and the scissor look brand new.
i know it may look like I just turned the scissors over for the photo but both sides were this gunky and they both came up beautifully and shiny I just didn't realised I flipped the scissors over when I took the second photo. other uses include: - cleaning off your stamping surface after bits of snail get on there and before your card gets stuck to the scratch paper underneath and tears while you pick it up - doh! - cleaning up after a messy glue on card stock experience see this post - gently roughing up the rubber on brand new rubber stamps so they ink up well - removing Snail from where it wasn't meant to go on your card/layout I'm sure there are more that I'll discover or remember in future but that will have to do for now...

4 comments:

Thomas Houseman said...

HA! You just turned the scissors over!! :P

Liam said...

Great tip Kirrily. Now this gives me a reason to buy one of these.

Liam

Kez said...

I love these little things too Kirrily and use mine all the time. Great tip to share. Pop on over to my blog as I have an award for you!

Claire Harrison said...

Hi Kirrily, thanks for the inspiration. I hope you will accept a beautiful blog award from me. See my blog, Inkinclinations, for deets. Cheers!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin