Tuesday, 12 January 2010

I'm back & hoping you have a SUPER New Year!

We managed to get away for Christmas - New Year and one night last week to celebrate with both of our families. Christmas and New Year we spent in Forster with my mum, my sister and her family and my brother and his family. Sadly no beautiful photos of gleaming blue water and sparkling skies - it rained pretty much every day of the 10 we were there - but we still managed lots of fun things - ten pin bowling, beach walks in the rain, a movie, swimming in the rain, all you can eat buffets at Port Macquarie, dancing in the rain, shopping, dress ups ( I know it's cruel but oh so funny!)... see... It was different without Dad and we missed him terribly but we remembered a lot about him too and how much he would enjoy family gatherings and always have lots of fun. We had glowstick bracelets and necklaces for new year and we could remember him wearing them, lopsided and leading the singing of Auld Lang Syne when midnight came. We always get out the sparklers after midnight and yes the boys stayed up - without any ill effects - amazing stamina - or it could have been a sugar high! I was very pleased that I managed to make pretty much all my Christmas cards this year. I did lower my expectations and only did them for family and friends we do not see regularly. Mind you I only got them out the weekend before Christmas - something I intend to improve on this year!
Will be back soon with more reflections on Christmas. Hope you are enjoying the New Year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin