Saturday, 16 January 2010

A first christmas wedding ornament

If you've followed my blog for a while this will look familiar to you. With the help of many others I made the invitations and orders of service for my nephews wedding in July. I managed to have a few extra emblems which I thought would be nice on an ornament I had left over from last years mini out at Christmas time. I covered the chipboard with Taken with Teal ds paper I had (again from last years mini) which I had embossed with Baroque Motifs using Silver ink and powder. Using the Short Order Alphabet I stamped in Stazon and cut them out and coated them with Crystal Effects after I had attached them.
On this side I embossed the whole chipboard with Silver ink and embossing powder. It kind of came off with a textured effect which I wasn't originally intending but I went with it. I then used Short Order Numbers to put the year on. To add a bit of bling I used my 2way glue pen to go around the edges and then dipped it in Dazzling Diamonds which really finished it off nicely.
Finally I had a tin I had covered when I had started making things for the wedding but had not thought of a use for it at the time but it turned out to be the perfect container for the ornament. On goes another spare emblem and some ribbon - job done. It was just as well I had the tin as I only finished it off on Christmas afternoon about two hours before I gave it to them so it needed the tin to protect the Crystal Effects still drying!
Can you tell I work to deadlines? I wish I didn't! Could be something I work on this year.....

1 comment:

Heather Wachtman said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for January 16th. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin