Sunday, 22 November 2009

Introducing

When the Stampin Up Spring Mini came out I saw this set and the sample alongside it in the catalogue and immediately knew that was what I was going to do for our baby thank you's. So here is my effort. Yes he's a fairly serious fellow - in fact this was his most common expression for the first four weeks. Now we are getting lots of lovely smiles. His eldest brother was the same - very serious. I changed a few things around and took advantage of the ribbon bundle offer from September and used the Celery Grosgrain. I started out tying a bow and then realised it was going to be too thick to post so I did this faux bow. You open the flap to find the thank you inside. I also used the other stamp from the set for the invitations for the family to Josh's baptism. This is the first batch to go out. It will take me quite a while to get through all the thank yous - we have been showered with gifts, which is lovely. I intended to attach the little bunny from the Forest Friend stamp set punched and mounted on circles over the bottom right hand corner of the photo but totally forgot. So to add the baby touch I stamped the envelopes with the giraffe from Wild About You. Stampin Up! envelopes are so smooth, white and crisp I feel I'm wasting using them if I don't stamp on them. If you've never tried SU! envelopes I highly recommend them.

1 comment:

Liam said...

Just gorgeous. I love the way you did the ribbon. You must show me how to do it. It looks great. Thanks for sharing another great idea.

Liam

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin