Monday, 14 September 2009

the rest of the diagonal rays

These are the rest of the set of cards {finally!} I made using the diagonal rays technique I cased from Kristina Werner a while ago. See this post here for my first card. It was difficult knowing how to embellish them as the patterned paper is so busy. It took me some time and many layout changes to decide on what I ended up with and I'm not sure they are really to my taste but it was fun trying something new. I ended up using the Happy Birthday individual stamp and more Felt Fusion Flowers. I punched out the scalloped oval punch three times and made it big enough to matt the large oval punch, one for the top, one for the bottom and one chopped in half to do either end. I scalloped a strip of Regal Rose card stock down the left hand side which is kind of tricky to see in the photo. This one uses the butterfly and sentiment from Great Friend which has seen a lot of ink lately. I stamped the butterfly in White StazOn onto acetate and cut it out and then cut out some ds paper in Rose Red and attached the butterfly to it so the white stood out enough. Some brads and bling embellished the body of the butterfly. and this one has Regal Rose Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon and some buttons.
Be back with more butterflies soon!

1 comment:

Liam said...

these samples are beautiful.

Liam

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin