Sunday, 6 September 2009

Fathers Day trio

Just a quick one before I come back with the rest of the Diagonal rays cards. Last weekend we had a charity concert at church where the Idea of North performed - if you've never heard them they are an amazing accapella quartet with a great sense of humour as well as fantastic voices. We raised money for Allowah the Children's Hospital at Dundas. Aside from the ticket sales we asked local businesses to donate items for auction so at supper in between the two acts one of the auctioneers from a local real estate agent put on his best auctioneer voice and managed to get a couple of thousand dollars for the items donated. It was hilarious! Anyway my little contribution was to make some cards to sell and here are some of them. I thought is was perfect timing with Fathers Day today to make these.... All three use the sentiment from Occasional Greetings, such a great set. This is one started out with a piece of cardstock I'd stamped ages ago so the background stamp is a retired one as are the eyelets but they add a masculine touch.. The next two use paper from the Urban Garden pack, lots of layers and paper piercing. Thankfully I have enough left over so I can choose which one I give my wonderful hubby who is a great dad to our almost three little ones. Today we were in Forster for Fathers Day and it was beautiful though I missed my dad very much. I wish every Father a wonderful day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin