Thursday, 13 August 2009

L's & M's forever

So you may know I (with a lot of help from my friends) did the invitations and orders of service for my nephews wedding back at the beginning of July. I don't think I've posted a photo of the actual invites so I'll have to find mine and do that. In the meantime here are the piles of orders of service covers, 93 in total, ready to go two weeks before hand - phew! And here are the letters that I stamped in Taken with Teal on Whisper White, cut out, glued onto Basic Black and cut out again. 170 'L's and 170 'M's. Which means that I cut out and glued 340 letters....twice. I miss them..... They went with me everywhere...to the hairdressers, swimming lessons, on holidays.... Like someone said.." You must really love your nephew" which is true I love all 18 of my nieces and nephews. Each one is special and unique and I love them because they are mine. However they know that the chances of me doing a similar thing for them particularly if their initials are S or O or D or B or C or G or J or P or Q or R or U or A are slim to fat. :) I still love them though. Now to one of my favourite tools which also happens to be the cheapest thing in the SU! catalogue, the Adhesive remover. At $3.85 it is a fantastic thing to throw onto your next order as you'll find so many uses for it. I couldn't have done these without it. Having the fiddly letters to stick on and using the Tombow glue meant my fingers got pretty sticky and often that glue would get on the letters or around the edges of the letters but the adhesive remover made it so easy to clean off as you can see in the pictures below. This is one of the emblems with grubby glue marks on it...
Images © Stampin' Up!® 1990-2009
and this is it after rubbing gently with the adhesive remover. Much cleaner - the effect in real life was much more dramatic than shows here. It's also great if you've run snail along the wrong piece of cardstock as it takes it off without damaging your cardstock, or if there is adhesive on your scratch paper you're working on and it makes your project stick to the paper when you don't want it to. I'l be back with the invite and a photo of my two handsome little men dressed for the wedding.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin