Wednesday, 5 August 2009

for you

Images © Stampin' Up!® 1990-2009 This is a really simple card using a set from the new Spring Mini catalogue. I love how the Spring mini starts in August a month before Spring starts. Nothing like looking forward to something good! Actually I realised that looking forward and anticipating events is something I really enjoy. The other night we managed to get out without both boys and had dinner and saw the latest Harry Potter movie. It was all arranged between 4:30 and 5:00pm on the evening that we went and I think I spent most of dinner in shock that we were actually out enjoying each others company on a date!!! I realised that I hadn't had weeks to look forward to it which is what it normally takes to arrange something like that. Our eldest was invited for a sleep over and never sure if he's going to go or not I hadn't thought much about any further plans until he decided at 4:30pm he was going to go. So Aunty Suzie got a phone call to see if our other little man could have his own sleep over at her place. She was on the way to the dentist but thankfully no major work done and she was up for an evening of fun - which ended at 11:22pm when he finally fell asleep - what a party animal! I wonder if she'll anticipate the next sleepover as much as I will? :) Anyway I am anticipating Spring and with the beautiful weather we've had lately it has been a tantalising taste of it! I love spring and this is such a gorgeous set so pretty and so very spring! I dry embossed around the inside of the edge of the card using my bone scorer and paper trimmer to give it that simple elegant and clean look. I added pearls from the Pretties Kit as the body of the butterfly and was searching for my silver wire to make antennae but haven't found it yet! I think that would finish it off nicely. I've had lots of fun playing with this set recently so look out for more it the future. Ingredients: Certainly Celery, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Taffeta Ribbon, Pretties Kit Pearls, Great Friend Stamp Set.

1 comment:

Kim Tonnet said...

Hi Kirrily, I love this card, especially the use of the half-pearls on the butterfly. I'm looking forward to seeing your new baby...glad you got a night out ahead of the new arrival and all that he/she involves. 11.22pm :-0 he must have been hard work the next day. Love KimT

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin