Thursday, 27 August 2009

Diagonal Rays

Images © Stampin' Up!® 1990-2009
I saw this post on Kristina Werners blog a while back and decided I should try it myself. However, being the scrimper and saver that I am {must be my Scottish roots}, I had to try it using the paper as economically as possible so decided to make 4 cards at once using all the paper cut up. I cut 4 pieces of designer series paper in different patterns to the same size, 9.5cm by 13.8cm then layered them one on top of another and put them under my paper trimmer. I worked out where I wanted each segment to end and was able to cut through all four layers at once pushing firmly and slowly. Once all cut I arranged them in the order I wanted then adhered them to the cardbase. I'll be back to show you the other three cards next post! Ingredients: Great Friend & Happy Birthday stamp sets, Raspberry Tart ds paper, Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White cardstock, acetate, White StazOn, Rose Red Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Flower Fusion, Aluminium Circle Tag, Scallop Circle punch, sponge dauber, Brads (retired)

2 comments:

Tegan said...

I do remember that post of Kristina's a little while ago.
WOW Kirrily! - it looks fantastic.

I can't wait to see the others :)

Lynda S said...

There ain't NOTHING wrong with being creatively selective when using certain supplies Kirrily!!!! The card is brilliant...and I can't wait to see the others!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin