Wednesday, 17 June 2009

a week of gifts

My Dad is not very well at the moment - his cancer has returned aggressively so we are taking things a day at a time. So this week has been pretty hard going, I'm sure being almost 6 months pregnant isn't helping. So to have two exciting parcels arrive this week has been such a blessing, a little ray of sunshine. Firstly I was promoted within SU! and as part of the promotion I was rewarded with $200 of product of my choice from the catalogue. I've had my eye on the ColorCaddy for a while now and imagined how good it would be to have so that was first on my list, then I love cards done using a brayer so that was next, which left enough to get the new Eyelet border punch, some Build-a-Brads - so cute and a SNAIL refill - can't craft without it! The package arrived on Monday afternoon and I've had fun setting up the caddy and can't wait to start with the other things. The second package arrived today and was my new camera!! I mentioned in yesterdays post about our Canon dying and them offering a replacement so i was thrilled to hear a knock on the door and be handed this little package this morning. It's a basic point and shoot camera but I love it as do the boys who've already filled it with shots. Here's a self portrait of Jake and Toby's latest creation. I'm sure we'll have lots of fun with it over many years, hopefully - who knows we might even break 12,000 in 5 years with any luck! And the next gift of the week I'm looking forward to is time spent with my Dad this weekend when we visit.

1 comment:

Lynda S said...

I am glad that u have a wee piece of sunshine in this darkened time Kirrily. Taking time out to connect with something u luv can really help get u thru the tougher times. I learnt this when my Mum was ill with breast cancer. It is very hard to see someone u love got thru such a challenge. Take strength in knowing that there are readers of ur blog who are out there sending all the positive vibes they can your way.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin