Tuesday, 16 June 2009

scrapbooking!!

Finally I have managed to do some more scrapbooking. It's my first papercraft passion but since getting into card making it's so quick and addictive that my scrapbooking has been one of those desires on my to do list.
I was inspired by a layout in the monthly newsletter SU! send out to all demonstrators. I love layouts with lots of photos - perhaps because I take lots of photos - you may have realised if you read about my old camera dying after taking over 12,000 in under 5 years - good news on that front though Canon have acknowledged that it is a fault known about the camera and they are sending out a new camera as a replacement! (Thanks to my biggest fan for finding out that info for us!)
So when I see a layout that uses lots of photos I am immediately drawn to it. Here's my version.
Images © Stampin' Up!® 1990-2009
These photos are years old as Tobes is now 5 but he used to love being in the garden (gets it from his Dad) at our old home. Our townhouse had garden in front and back and he loved playing with the hose and drinking whatever he could get out of it. He would end up saturated but it never bothered him and he'd go straight in the bath afterwards. I took colour inspiration straight from the photos, using the Garden Green to emphasise the setting and picks up the colour of the hose, the blue highlights his eye colour and the Pumpkin Pie balances the warmth of his skin tones and the hose fitting. I'm yet to journal on it on the card in the bottom left hand corner so it's a bit dominant in it's whiteness at the moment. I'll be back with another layout CASEd from the same inspiration but turned into two pages. Ingredients: Cheep Talk stamp set, choc chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, chipboard, silver brad, corner rounder punch Colours: Garden Green, Bordering Blue, Choc Chip, Pumpkin Pie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin