Friday, 12 June 2009

Marelles June challenge

Marelle is holding her second monthly challenge which is to take a card and step it up a level. This is a card I did at my launch party for the new catalogue using the Pocket Silhouettes stamps set which was the top of my list from the new catalogue ~ absolutely love it! This card also uses three punches which makes it so quick and easy to put together - Scallop Square, Word Window and Scallop Edge punch. Colours are Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss and Sahara Sand.
Images © Stampin' Up!® 1990-2009
Then Maree asked me to show some glitter at her workshop so I changed a few elements by adding a line of sticky strip instead of the Kiwi Kiss cardstock strip and poured the green Fine Supernova glitter over the sticky strip and rubbed it on so it stuck as much as possible. And I got out my Two-way Glue Pen and drew over the flower images and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds over them for some more sparkle. It's always difficult to photograph glitter well so you'll have to use the close ups above to help you imagine the full card, shown below, in all it's glittery glory. There's one other element I changed from the top card to the bottom - can you work it out?

3 comments:

Lynda S said...

Heys Kirilly. Great cards...both of them. U changed the order of the flowerd in the 2nd card..yes?? Too cool tho. FAB.

Janine Rutherford said...

What a beautiful card - such a lovely stamp set ;-)

Marelle Taylor said...

I love the bling on your stepped up version! Thanks for joining in my challenge Kirrily!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin