Monday, 2 February 2009

from the garden

This stamp is one of the hostess stamp sets you can earn for free when you host a workshop. This one is very fun to watercolour and it really fills a card front leaving not much room for anything else. I originally planned to have the card going this way, landscape, but thought it could look alright portrait as well.
Images © Stampin' Up!® 1990-2008
I enjoy cutting out so this was an enjoyable card to make. I even cut out leaves from among other leaves so they could go over the ribbon and give the card more dimension.
The ribbon gives the effect of it looking a bit like a posy. I've sponged the edges of the Soft Sky cardstock and I think I should have deepened the colours in the middle of the flower but in real life it looks less washed out than here. Hope you like!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin