Friday, 16 January 2009

embrace olive

Images © Stampin' Up!® 1990-2008 Now onto some sets from the Summer Mini. Sometimes when I sit down to play I have a certain idea in my head either inspired by something I've seen online or by the stamp or paper itself OR, like last week, I sit down with nothing in my head. Usually this is when I get the most surprising original results. I have 6 A4 plastic sleeves that I keep my offcuts in according to colour family - 4 colour families, 1 InColors and 1 neutrals. I pull out scraps and start from there. This is one of those cards. I had so many off cuts of Old Olive that I started there and that's where I stayed. So this card is quite monochromatic. It feels a bit 'Bali' to me, not that I've ever been to Bali though sadly! It's probably a bit difficult to see exactly how this card is made as it's kind of a trifold but certainly not even. None of the scraps were big enough to make a full sized card so I used the ds paper to make up the difference. I used Old Olive Print ds paper for the stripes and the nice thing is that when you open it it has a different pattern on the inside which makes the inside almost as pretty as the outside! The little embrace life tag attached with two silver brads is what keeps the card closed.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I would rather eat Olive than embrace it but it sure does look pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin