Monday, 8 September 2008

earthy cards

We did these cards at my class at Parramatta Community College last Tuesday night. I met a great bunch of people and had fun showing a few techniques. This card became the card for my hubby who is a great dad to our two boys. I used some cardstock and patterned paper I had bought before joining Stampin' Up! One great thing about having a range of colour families, as Stampin' Up! do, is that pretty much any stuff you already have will match to some of the colours in this case the Earth Elements. I used my spots to wipe over the words I wanted. I started with "Fathers" in Not Quite Navy and wiped off any stray ink, then wiped over "Day" with Close to Cocoa and "Happy" with Old Olive. Having used the spots there was no need to "huff" as they are quite inky. For the "My dear, kind and wonderful friend" stamp I actually stamped it three times in three colours and cut and pasted the different words over the top. I'll be showing more of what we did last Tuesday night over the next few days and hope you had a lovely Fathers Day. Stamp: Occasional Greetings Ink: Earth Elements spots Accessories: Mat Pack, White Gel pen, pin

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin