Tuesday, 26 August 2008

show recovery

sorry its been so long since postings! The awful flu hit last weekend, then doing the show at the end of the week really took it out of me but it was so much fun! Hi to anyone who's visiting my blog for the first time!!! Please leave a message to let me know. At the show I had the pleasure of pulling out the lucky door prize, ringing the winner and handing out the prize. It was a tough job but someone had to do it!
Images © Stampin' Up!® 1990-2008
Today's card is a CASE from my amazingly talented new friend Teneale. This was the technique she demonstrated at the show. It was so easy so I had to go home and try it out and show it off at my weekend workshop. It's called the chalkboard technique and you use your white craft ink and pastels/chalks. Stamp the beautiful swirl from Baroque Motifs and then with a sponge dauber picked up some colour from the chalks and bounce it across the image where you want the colour. My ink was very wet as I'd just reinked the pad so I could have left it a little longer so it didn't smudge so much. Craft ink is fun to play with but can be a bit messy! Finish it off with a word and some ribbon and how easy is that! I've been very inspired by the show so look out for further creations over the next few days. Cardstock : Chocolate chip Ribbon: Old Olive 5/8" wide grosgrain Ink: Whisper white craft ink Accessories: Stampin' pastels, sponge dauber

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Kirrily, this is beautiful! I've done this technique before but always with Versamark not White Craft Ink. I must try it this way.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin