Saturday, 16 August 2008

merry merry

I loved this set from when I first saw it in the catalogue - it has a real funky retro feel to it so I had fun designing these cards for my stamp-a-stack nights this month. I always try to give a couple of colour schemes as I know colour preferences are personal and it's difficult when, as the organizer, I have to choose. I used Blue Bayou, Purely Pomegranate and Soft Sky and then Sage Shadow, Lavender Lace and Brushed Silver from the metallics range on the other. Which do you prefer? The other design we did was very simple using the Dashing designer series paper - LOVE it! I am trying to have one really simple and quick design and one that is more detailed so I limited the stamping, though we did emboss the greeting. We did paper piercing on some for extra detail and made good use of the star punches. The colour choices are made for you when you use DS paper and the colours in Dashing are Old Olive, Real Red, Very Vanilla and River Rock. I like the modern, simple lines that Dashing brings to any project. I am currently working on ornaments for the tree which I will be running as a class closer to Christmas. The latest Spring Mini has some gorgeous chipboard ornaments and I have covered them with Dashing and Wintergreen. I have added photos of my boys and they look gorgeous. Watch out for them to be posted later.

5 comments:

Tegan said...

they are all very nice, but out of the top two, i prefer the silvery card(1st one).

great job on them all though-very effective colours and layouts! :)

Sharon said...

Love them all Kirrily.

Robyn said...

Thanks for enabling me Kirrily. I was just looking at this set and the matching wheel thinking do I like it? Was undecided then saw your post. So will have to buy now. I prefer the first one, great job

Leah said...

Thanks so much for your comment. I am a regular to your blog, so your comment means a lot to me. Thanks.

Sue Dean said...

Oh I love these and you have sparked my imagination also. Great Cards!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin