Monday, 4 August 2008

punchy petals

Images © Stampin' Up!® 1990-2008

I love the challenge of finding ways to create new looks with what I've already got.
This card started out as an effort to create something in the same style as Pick-a-Petal (which I love but don't have) but in the process became a bit more influenced by cards I've seen made using the flower from "Fabulous Flowers " stamp set. Anyway I'm quite pleased with the result.

To get the petals I punched out 12 large ovals and attached them to some scrap paper so I could position them back into the punch and punch again so one end becomes tapered and therefore petal like in shape. The way I've attached all the petals underneath the flower from In the Spotlight you can't really see the taper but it's there!

The petals are in Rose Red, the middle flower is stamped in Rose Red on Purely Pomegranate cardstock, it's mounted on a square of Brocade Blue stamped with the background stamp French Script (the new version is En Francais) in Ballet Blue and that's all mounted on Purely Pomegranate.

Of course the little piece of bling and the flower is from the Pretties kit and really makes the card stand out from others. I dyed the flower (which comes in white) using my Purely Pomegranate ink pad. To rough up the edges of the cardstock I just used my fingernail.

The new Spring Mini is live now so watch out for some things appearing on here soon! My order should arrive early this week!!!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Just beautiful Kirrily.

Sue Dean said...

Very creative Kirrily, I love it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin