Tuesday, 29 July 2008

pretty party paper

My niece had her 21st birthday party on the weekend and we had so much fun. Here she is with her boyfriend - hi Sarah, hi Dave! Sarah is a dancer and so it was most appropriate that the night was filled with dancing.My family can get a bit wild on the dance floor. So there was plenty of circle and group dancing, Jackson 5's Blame it on the Boogie, Nutbush, Macarena, and even a group dance to I would walk (500 Miles) by the Proclaimers which I think is a Forster special. A couple of solos or duets - Eagle Rock, a family classic, Grease megamix and some claytons karaoke to Working Class Man ( in honour of my nephew who's moving to Mount Isa next week) and any other Cold Chisel that made it's way on to the playlist.
I have to give credit to my sisters for instilling great musical taste in my nieces and nephews - one of whom even knew 'Don't Leave Me This Way' by the Communards - such a good sing along song! Good one DJ!
The dancing lasted long after we took our little bundles home at 10:30, with the Limbo and Hokey Pokey, one nephew even woke the next day with a red lump on his face after a "worm" attempt went horribly wrong - wish we had been there! Good on you Johno!
At one stage we noticed the bar staff all standing in a row just watching - oh well hope we brightened up their Saturday night at work!

My small contribution to the night was folding the serviettes. I searched the internet and found this site with instructions and pictures which made it so easy to make this - isn't it gorgeous! Especially with the frangipani in the middle. These are amazingly easy for a spectacular result. I pre-folded them up to a point and then my other niece, Karina, mum and nephews' girlfriends, Lauren and Jemma, helped to pull out the petals when we got there. My sister thought it was typical of me to start the evening with craft!!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

What a fun night you had, the serviettes look great, where did you get that pattern?

Kim Tonnet said...

Well done Kirrily, a very nice touch. Love KimT

Bec: said...

Sounds like great fun :) Gotta love the Daveys/Matthews/etc/etc ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin