Wednesday, 9 July 2008

IB&C copy

Images © Stampin' Up!® 1990-2008

So you may have seen my direct CASE from the Idea Book and Catalogue well here is the same card with a different colour combo, different stamp set and different embellishments just the same layout.

Mind you I didn't have to be overly creative to think what to change. I looked to another part of the catalogue for the inspiration for this one - the Style Watch pages 3 to 9. I love these pages as you can put together a 'look' by copying these ideas. As I wanted to use the Boho Background stamp set I went to the 'Boho West' style watch and chose my colour scheme from the colours used there.

I used the Crop-a-dile in two ways on this card - setting the eyelets on the corners in place of the brads and on the feature. I stamped the feature circle several times in 3 colours - Sage Shadow, Really Rust and Creamy Caramel then using my circle punches punched out the layers I wanted for each colour and started to assemble. For the flower part I used my scissors and cut it out myself - I know some would find that completely painful but for some reason I love cutting ( maybe it's my years teaching Kindergarten) but I find it quite therapeutic - weird I know! - anyway when I got to the largest circle I did feel a bit overwhelmed at the thought of cutting all around that so thankfully the smallest hole punch on the Crop-a-dile fit perfectly in between the spikes and when punched all around gives a really nice effect.

This was actually one of the easiest cards I've done because I didn't have to think too much and it's a style that I would never have thought up on my own. The ribbon was probably the thing that took the most time just deciding what to do - not sure if I like what I ended up with but it's different! What do you think?

2 comments:

Tegan said...

great cards Kirilly!!

Just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for an award. pop over to my blog sometime soon and read up about what you have to do :)
Have a good one!

Leah said...

I like it a lot. I love the idea of punching the holes around the edge.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin