Saturday, 19 July 2008

Happy for my Dad!

For those of you who have been following my blog for a while you will remember this card I made for my dad (and for a Kristina challenge). Well I am so happy to say that Dad finished his 6 weeks of radiation therapy yesterday and he is doing so well and I'm so proud of him.
He and mum arrived at our place on the their way back from treatment to show the boys his big mask that he had to have all over his face and shoulders that clipped him to the table to keep him in the exact place. Thankfully the boys weren't too scared of it - I think I would be if I had to go under it for 15 mins a day for 6 weeks. Any way it's all over for now, in a few weeks hopefully he'll be feeling much better and then he just has regular scans to keep an eye on things.
Thanks for your prayers.

Images © Stampin' Up!® 1990-2008

So for this card I've used an old set I have called 'Very Punny' - it's so cute and this little frog has the saying "Hoppy for you!" with it which I've stamped on the inside. In keeping with the spots on the frogs I've punched the circle out of the chocolate chip frame and arranged the 3 frogs behind that. Then I've done another style of dry embossing by just attaching punched circles in the same colour as the background cardstock in this case certainly celery. One of the keys to backgrounds looking right is to have the elements, whether they are stamped or in this case attached, half off the edges. Here I've attached the punched out circles and trimmed the overhanging part off.
Something a bit different!

Stamps : Very Punny, In the Spotlight
Ink: StaZon, white craft ink
Accessories: 1"circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, Watercolour Crayons, Aquapainter, Dimensionals. white embossing powder, heat gun, snail

3 comments:

KimT said...

Kirrily, I'm "hoppy" for your Dad and family that he's got through the radiotherapy. Remember to keep him rested; that radiotherapy can catch up on you and make you really tired. Hope he can relax and enjoy the moments from now on. Love KimT

Thomas Houseman said...

He looked / seemed well today when I spoke to him. YAY!!!

Bec: said...

Great news! xoxoxo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin