Monday, 7 July 2008

close as a memory

Images © Stampin' Up!® 1990-2008

It's often really hard to find the right words to say for many occasions but when you can find a card that has the words you wished you could think of it's wonderful. This set 'Close as a Memory' has some beautiful sayings. One of which you can see below. The other saying is a quote by Thomas Moore, " Earth has no sorrow heaven cannot heal." But unfortunately that little piece of rubber is hiding from my sister, who I am borrowing this stamp set from (hi Sue, thanks for the lend!).
On this card I used a Rich Regals colour combo of Night of Navy, Rose Red and Always Artichoke with Very Vanilla. There's also a spot of So Saffron in the middle of the flowers but it's hardly noticeable in the photo. I used markers to colour in the flowers and sentiment and breathed on the stamp (huffed) to re-moistened the ink before stamping.
To add some dimension I used my sponge daubers to sponge the edges of each piece.
I also got out my Crop-a-dile to do some dry embossing. I just set the adjustable pieces to A and 2 and pressed quite lightly to get this raised dot effect. My Mat Pack guide helped keep them in a straight line!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin