Monday, 14 July 2008

Boho beauty

Images © Stampin' Up!® 1990-2008

This card was inspired by a swap from convention. Sadly I didn't go this year, but I still got to see lots of swaps thanks to my uplines and absolutely loved how this stamp set had been used like this. Unfortunately I don't have the details of who's swap it was but when I find out I'll definitely credit her - let me know if you know!
{Thanks to Sam for letting me know the swap was by Carol Dunstan.}
So for this one it's Boho Backgrounds again
(scroll down for another card made with that set).
The background is what I loved about the swap that inspired this card - in fact if I remember clearly that was the focus of the card - it was a little note card size - I have added the dry embossing strips and focus circle detail. Purple, blue and green are my favourite colours so that's another reason why this appealed to me so much.
Colours: Lovely Lilac, Almost Amethyst and Certainly Celery
- All in the Soft Subtle family

After stamping the little flowers all over in StaZon I coloured the flowers in Lilac, the leaves in Celery and the swirly in Amethyst. For the central feature I stamped the circle stamp in black StaZon and then coloured in with markers layering with dimensionals. I even coloured in the dimensional under the smallest circle (not that you can see it from this angle) but it took really well.


I had fun with my circle punches again 1/4 inch, 1 1/4 inch, 1 3/8 inch - and I got out the scalloped circle punch but it was too rounded and didn't match all the other petals on the card so using this technique I punched once and stuck the punched piece onto a scrap piece of paper and back into the punch to punch again so it punched each scallop in half and created this look, I then edged each little petal in black using my journaler.

This is one of my stamp-a-stack cards for the month - email me to book into this Thursday night's class.

4 comments:

Sue Dean said...

Oh wow! I love this card Kirilly and I may have to CASE it. Absolutely beautiful..

nerida said...

Did you hear me gasp from here? It's gorgous, and purple!!! I love the little swirls in the background too.

Sam Coppack said...

The swap in question was by Carol Dunstan, I loved it too! And I love what you've done with the idea!

Carol Dunstan said...

have to say I love what you have done with it too, great card (and yay you kept it purple!)!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin