Monday, 30 June 2008

a rocky christmas

Images © Stampin' Up!® 1990-2008

On Saturday I helped my friend and upline run a card course where we made Christmas cards. It was a very popular class and I met many lovely ladies who made great use of the time to get very organised for the busy season. It was so lovely (and tiring!) to spend a whole day card making.
Whilst there I experimented with some dry embossing using my paper trimmer and bone scorer. Hope you can see the embossed line around the main image.

Please excuse the dodgy stamped words - I didn't have my Stamp-a-ma-jig and thought I could wing it - my practice effort was perfect but of course the one that mattered sadly not! oh well!

I also played with my new Star punch which when punched out first and then centred inside the Large Star punch gives this awesome effect - love it! Lets hope this Christmas is not a rocky one!

Paper : River Rock, Wintergreen DS Paper, More Mustard, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky
Ink: River Rock
Stamps: Crazy for Christmas

3 comments:

Sharon Wilson said...

I really like this card Kirrily. Its different from the usual christmas cards.

Sam Coppack said...

I love it! The colour combo is great! I'll have to try the scoring, it makes it look really professional! Both star punches will have to go on my wish list I think!

Sharon said...

This is just beautiful Kirrily.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin