Monday, 3 March 2008

Tidy Treehouse Page

Images © Stampin' Up!® 1990-2008

This is a scrapbook page I did at my crop night last Friday night. It was a fun night - Hi to those who were there! I managed to do a page of my own - very simple and quick of my eldest and our cat Callie after she was recuperating from her first (and last, hopefully) cat fight - they just look so in love with one another! I love this photo, I think it's the natural lighting that really emphasises the warmth of the moment, which is why I had it enlarged to 10" x 12" so it filled the page very quickly! I used paper that is retiring called Treehouse. It had a nice masculine feel and the colours complemented the flannie my son was wearing nicely! The only embellishment I did was the title "best friends" which I stamped in Tidy Alphabet (retiring) on textured white cardstock in Cranberry Crisp ink (another retiring product), cut out and mounted on Dimensionals. It could probably do with some brads or Hodgepodge but I'll get to that later.
I used a white gel pen for journaling which adds another element all of it's own. I find it often takes days to actually be happy with the completed page as I need time to think about the possibilities and what I really like. So I will probably come back to this page later and add some embellishments but for now I'm happy - particularly with how quick it was! I'd need to be careful to not make the page any busier than it is!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin