Wednesday, 12 March 2008

my little monkey

I can't believe my little man is turning 2 on Friday. We were thinking it would be a small celebration but on current count he'll be blowing out candles 5 times!!!!!
Aside from card making and scrapbooking another thing that I really enjoy is decorating cakes. This year I have taken the easy path and bought an edible icing image of Lightnin' McQueen™ from the movie Cars™ (stay tuned for a photo next week). It would have to be Jake's favourite movie. Between him and his brother they have just about all the collector cars (except they keep bringing out more it seems! ka-ching $$) and Jake is constantly playing with them in the pot plant of my frangi!!! So it seems the obvious choice.

Last year however I discovered Curious George™ and fell in love with him - and as Jake is such a little monkey Jakey's cake had to be the monkey himself!
I thought I'd share with you the cake I made. I just used regular butter frosting and liquorice strips for the outline. I reckon liquorice strips can make just about any character cake look fantastic.
kmdesigns 2007

Upon reflection it does look a little strange to see his head just kind of floating there in a sea of green coconut and lolly bananas but there was no way I was attempting his body!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin